Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Carb Cycling

Discovered why I was keeping my weight down despite cheating. Apparently its an actual legitimate diet called Carb Cycling! 

I follow Chris Powell's blogs (he's a dieting and weight loss professional most known Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition, which ironically, starts tonight at 8pm on ABC---PLUG). Anyway, he talks about what diet he gives his contestants, and its basically a roller coaster of low carb, high carb days!



"With the Classic Cycle, besides losing weight at a quick and constant pace, you’ll also be able to tune into what is happening in your body during this carb cycle process. You’ll learn and actually feel how food affects your body, and while you may experience some brief periods of nausea, headaches, low energy and other symptoms as you change the way you fuel your body, these will be temporary. In the end, you’ll have a whole new appreciation for this marvelous body you have! And as with the Easy Cycle, you can stick with the Classic Cycle throughout your weight loss journey or move onto another cycle. You are in control!"
Full article here: http://chrispowell.webfactional.com/carb-cycling-the-easy-cycle/ 

The star is one entire day of cheating, and you get one reward meal a week on a high carb day. So while I'm still counting carbs, and keeping them low, I can still have foods I love. :D

I may try this for a week to see how my body reacts. But in reality, it was no different than what I was already doing. I was going a couple of days, staying super strict with low carb, then slacking for a few days. I think if I did every other, I might see better results. 

Either way, I gotta get back into dieting. I'm still 201 - 204 range, despite cheating regularly. SO glad I'm maintaining, but the break is over, time to get that number under 200! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment