Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Maintaining weight! (Thankfully)

I've always been good at keeping my weight solid. It's the reason I stayed 217 pounds for 4 years straight after I had Kadree. It was only those last few months before I started this low carb lifestyle that I really let myself go, eating out too much; McDonald's, Taco Bell and any other fatty place I could find, as well as drastically increasing my sugar intake. That's what made me go from 217 to 224 in just a few months. Normally, I'm not like that. It must have been a hard time in life, too much stress or something, because normally I stay away from sugar (I don't go out of my way to eat it), I control my portions to keep my stomach small, and I just try to eat normal, and not pig out or whatever.

Lately, I've gone back to that healthy 'normal'. I slacked on the low carbing (since we had so many friends and family visit, eating out a ton really tempts me). Thankfully, my body remembers how to maintain! I've been dancing around 201-204 for 2 1/2 weeks, which is normal for anyone, dieting or not, to yo-yo a little bit. 

I miss seeing 201, but I'm hoping with this break from dieting will refresh my body. That way when I start eating strict low carb again (which I started again today), my body will lose again. I'm hoping it'll treat it like I just started my diet for the first time. Your body usually goes through a shock and rapidly loses when you first start low carb. Just like I did when I started, losing 15 pounds in 2 weeks (which is what Atkins advertises). 

I've read lots of articles of people who say sometimes to jump start your diet, you have to cheat for like a week, then switch to being super strict and lowering your carb intake. It's risky, and yes you do pack on the pounds a bit, but so far its been working. It's what helped me get passed that first big plateau at 210. 

Cheating for 2 weeks off and on has been great, and thankfully, no rapid weight gain, but even though I haven't reached my first major goal of reaching 199, I'm already enjoying the benefits. Lots of people have seen the difference and have complimented how good I look, compared to back when I first started in February. I can see a difference in the way clothes look on me. Most of my tight shirts I wore then, are lose now! I'm inches away from wearing a size 16, but with all this excess skin, not sure if that will happen. Either way, 17/18 is far better than size 20/21!!!

This last weekend I went to a convention, as Link as usual, and people noticed how loose my costume was, in fact I was swimming in that tunic! That was a huge motivation boost, because every time I go to a con, I'm motivated to try new cosplays. Since the weight has come off, its motivated me to try more. :)

Anyways, other than that, nothing new. I'm happy with my results so far, even though they could be better if I stopped slacking off and making excuses. XD I need to hit the gym at some point again, and get back into a normal schedule. 

1 comment: