Sunday, March 10, 2013

Plateauing...

This is the part I hate when doing Atkins. I reach the point where I can't lose any more. I seemed to have stopped at 210, and I can't get any lower. Granted, I've been tempted more and more the past few days, and yes, I cheated (my weekly, 1 meal cheat)... Carb Intercept doesn't seem to be working the way it should (or used to), so I ordered something more powerful online to help. 

What do I do now? Technically, I'm supposed to move on from Phase 1 to Phase 2 of Atkins. It's strange that adding more carbs to my limit is the answer to losing weight. But when I cheat (even up to that level of carb intake), I still gain. How is it supposed to help me lose more?! 

Atkins is frustrating for this reason. And sadly, I haven't worked out for a week (so much going on) and my sleep schedule has been destroyed. All things causing my body stress and probably preventing me to lose weight. 

I've been reading lots of articles of "success stories" of people who live low carb lifetsyles and have lost weight with ease, having a MUCH HIGHER carb intake than Atkins allows. All of the information sounded familiar, but most of them don't complain about their weight plateauing. I know the last time I did this diet (and any other diet), is that I start to lose, and boom, I'm stuck. It was very frustrating last time because I got all the way down to 205, and no matter what I did (even exercise) I couldn't get lower. :(

Blah.... now it's happening again and I can't figure out how to get past it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment