I still haven't had my Rodizio's dinner because I refuse to make excuses for myself.
Yes, I reached my first goal of 210.
Yes, my husband promised me dinner...
and yes, I look and feel much better than I was 14 pounds ago....
but NO, I can't have my dinner because 210 was my plateau and I can't..... get.... below it!!!!
I've been steady at 210 - 213 for a week. I've worked out again, and I've been really active in general, working in the yard, spring cleaning the house, and just walking more. Yet, nothing is working. Thanks to the internet, I think I have found a solution to my problem: too many calories.
Apparently, you CAN have too many calories on a low-carb diet. All the many yummy foods like bacon, mayo, butter, cheese, etc. are totally fine for me to chow down on, but the calories may be too high. I very well could be eating more than 2000 calories a day, which is bad! So, I'm going to start counting carbs AND calories starting tomorrow. Gonna stay away from processed food (because they always add in sugar and weird chemicals that can throw off a diet), and no more CHEATING.
Yes, tonight, since I figured I'd start tomorrow again, I had Taco Bell. What I usually eat; Meximelt's, Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Nachos, and a Baja Blast Freeze. Was it worth it? Maybe, but DANG was it tasty!!!!!! Will it effect me? Who knows. The scale will show tomorrow if it did. I DID take some carb intercept pills to help take the load off, so we'll see if they finally did their job.
Other cheats this month included eating one Oreo, taquitos and half a burrito at Rancherito's, and having an Ultimate Grilled Cheese at Cafe Zupas. All of which probably contributed from me slowly going from 210 to 213, therefore forfeiting my Rodizio dinner. :(
I've also learned that just because it doesn't have any calories, carbs, or sugar, doesn't mean it isn't okay to eat. Case in point; diet root beer. I read an article that even the diet stuff destroys diets (go figure?). So, goodbye my late night guilty pleasure sips. :( Also no more fruit PERIOD, which sucked because even though strawberries are only 1 carb each, the natural sugars are just as damaging as real sugar. So no more of those either. :(
Basically, I just gotta stop making food my life. I'm letting it control me. Every day my world revolves around what not to eat, and it's very stressful (which also leads to gaining weight). Bottom line, this sucks.
BUT, now that its warmer, I'm going to push myself and go on bike rides. I'm gonna best my bike out this week, ride my bike to Smith's to get groceries. Walk to church instead of driving (if I can wake up enough haha), and hitting the gym more regularly. Pray for me that I can get my body to wake up and start losing again I hope this, along with counting calories and lowering my limit to 15 carbs a day, will help me get down to 200!
That is always so frustrating! Don't give up though! You're looking great, you can do it.
ReplyDelete