Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dietary Suppliments

With every diet, I usually add a lil' something extra to increase my chances of losing weight. In the past I've used both over the counter, and prescription weight loss pills that have been very effective. For instance, if you can afford it, go to your doctor and ask for Phentermine. They are these tiny white and blue spotted pills that have AMAZING results. My mom has been using these for years and has lost a ton of weight in the past with them. I've used them as well, and they really are the miracle pill that you take and just lose weight without working out or dieting. It is also THE BEST on the market when it comes to controlling your hunger. Granted, once you stop the pills, you get those hunger cravings back and you DO have to work out and diet, or the weight comes right back. Sadly, this time around, I can't afford the prescription stuff, but at Walmart and Walgreens you can find the over the counter clone to Phentermine: Fastin. It's basically the same stuff, just toned down a bit.

Other suppliments I've taken that have really been effective is One A Day Women's: Active Metabolism. This is a great booster for people (like me) whose metabolism is as slow as a tortose. Like Fastin and Phentermine, it really gets your heart rate moving, pushes that food through your body quickly, and gives you lots of energy to help give you that extra push when you're working out.



The one I'm currently taking, is this SlimQuick Fat Burner.  I've tried this stuff before, and it really helps. Again, it works pretty much like the other ones I've explained. Gives you tons of energy and really helps control your appetite--especially with low carb diets. I get so hungry, I just wanna give up and have a piece of toast or something. Your body goes through major withdrawals once you take out certain foods. And your body has cut back on portion, so you feel hungry a lot more. Keeping myself full during the day is key, and also a pain in the butt.  Thankfully, SlimQuick helps with that.

This next suppliment I'm currently using is A-MA-ZING! I discovered it the last time I did a low-carb diet, and did my homework on it. The general consensus was that it really did work! The magical pill? Carb Intercept! This is a dream come true for carb dieters. If you remember in my last blog about cheating, Carb Intercept is THE guilt free cheat pill! You take it right before you eat your cheat meal (any meal that has an excess of starch). In a nut shell, the pills make sure the carbs don't go straight to fat, and the proof is on the scale. I'd use it once, for like a dinner night out at Olive Garden or something, and the next day and the day after, I DID NOT gain weight. I should say, you shouldn't use this to cheat every meal. It should be used very sparingly. It can't fight back ALL the carbs, after all. It also helps me stay sane in social situations. I'd feel horrible if I had to turn down a friend for lunch or a family that invites us over just because its food I can't have. We should be able to enjoy ourselves every now and again. ;)

Well, those are the recommendations I have for dieters looking for a boost. I've tried many others, but they aren't really worth the time to share (probably because they didn't work as well).

Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment