My name is Jennette, aka "sugarpoultry" or "sugar" as my friends call me. For the majority of my adulthood I've struggling with weight gain and health problems. I decided that enough is enough! This blog is here to document my journey, allow friends and family to show their support, and to motivate me to reach my goals to change my body... and my life!
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The start of a new life... begins now!
So today starts my second attempt at yet another diet. Last time I did a diet like this one, I almost reached my goal of dropping under 200 lbs., but I never quite made it, and it proved difficult to continue to lose weight. Now, obviously, I have gained the weight back, and then some. :( But I have something now that I didn't have before: a gym membership! I'm making a strict weekly plan, to make sure I work out at least once a day.
So here starts a long journey I decided to take to a public level. From what I've seen with most success stories I've seen, support is mandatory for success. So if anyone decides here and now to follow me on my journey, I will forever love you!
A few days ago, I took a long hard look in the mirror, and this is what I saw:
Thick body, double-chin, nothing I EVER want to see again! I just felt sick to myself.
Most, if not all of you know, I blame this entire down spiral of weight gain on my pregnancy with Kadree. It really did destroy my body, in more ways than just weight gain: I've become insulin resistant, my progesterone levels plummeted, and my hormones in general are all sorts of screwed up. All this I do feel is keeping my body from successfully getting pregnant. I saw this all coming a few years ago, and I decided to take action then, but in a way you probably wouldn't expect.
So, let this be the first of many progress pictures that I will be posting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment